Friday, June 29, 2012

From the mouths of babes

Every night since Kai was a little baby and we started bedtime routines, we would say bedtime prayers together before saying good night.  Now that Kai is talking more and is more verbal, I have been teaching him how to pray on his own.
Kai is only 2 so we try to keep it simple.
Kai needs a little help and prompting (although it was cute once when he did it on his own!)  Basically, his prayers are like this:
"Dear God, Thank you for _____________. Please bless our family and ____________. Please help me sleep and have good dreams.  I love you.  In Jesus name. Amen."
I wanted to record some of the things he thanks God for because it is so cute how his mind works and what he is grateful for.  These are some recent things he said thank you to God for--
ABCs
LMNOP
XY AND Z
popsicles
the backyard
the park
colors
puzzles
books
tutu
all of the uncles
うさぎ (rabbits)
はなび (fireworks)
bubbles
happy hallow
I wonder if God sees my prayers as so innocent and cute the way I see Kai's prayers.  I'm curious to see how his prayers and list of gratitude will change over the years.  I'm grateful to hear what is on his heart and in his mind right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment