Thursday, June 9, 2011

School's out for SUMMER!

The summer heat wave is finally coming. The sun is peeking out from the rain clouds FINALLY! This past week, Kai had his "last class" at the Hyman Center and when I enroll him in August, he'll probably move up into the 2-3 year-old class.  It was kind of funny to leave and tell all of the other kids and moms, "Bye! Have a great summer!" Gosh, my little boy is growing up too fast.
This morning, Kai and I went over to Graham for the 6th grade graduation.  My first class of students who I taught in 2nd and 3rd grade are now moving onto the junior high.  Kai did very well and sat during the whole 2 hour ceremony.  It was amazing how big they made a "graduation" for 6th graders! Some of the girls were wearing prom-like dresses and lots of families showed up.  It was so nice to see some of my old kids and their families.  I will miss seeing their faces and being a part of that community.  One little boy, Christian, the student council president and graham's student of the year, made an eloquent, interesting speech.  He started with "My fellow students and teachers..." He sounded like such a politician, but I pictured him in a Peanuts cartoon. It was very endearing to hear him talk about his memories of elementary school and how he appreciated his teachers helping them get ready for the next step of junior high. 
The past couple of months have been unusually cold and rainy and gray, except for our brief memorial day weekend roadtrip down to Irvine and Oceanside.  Now, the heat and sun and summer is here! I'm so excited for more trips to the park and to the county fair and to the swimming pool!!
Here are some recent pics--
we LOVE the dream park!!
@ Little Madfish happy hour with the Jerdees :)
Visiting with Kale'a, first days home from the hospital!
"Oh, Erkyah, you are too cute!"
"I like eating sushi with you, Kai."
"borrowing" a bike at the park
Look at how short Kai is next to the net!
future Grand Slam champ
taqueria lunch with my big cousin, Evan Kai
"Thanks, GG, for lunch!"
visitng the Fukuda home in Irvine
So happy being together again! :)
With my "sis" Katie :) Miss you guys!!
C'mon Kai & Keila.. getting a cavity is worse!
In San Diego on Josh's police bike.. It is neat because we have a black and white picture of Ryuta at the same age on his dad's police motor bike.
A rest stop at McDonald's on our first big family road trip

No comments:

Post a Comment