Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kai's first Halloween

Before Kai was born, I was looking online at baby costumes. I was excited that he would be born before Halloween and that we could dress him up for Halloween. Even if we didn't trick or treat, it would still be fun. I saw a cute pea-in-the-pod costume. I saw a baseball and then, thought,"Kai could be a tennis ball!" Since our family is a tennis family and everyone plays tennis, this would be perfect. I figured that it would be easy to put together. At first, I wanted to ask my mom to do it, but thought it would be more special if I made it for my baby. My mom went out and bought the fabric and I talked to my G about showing me how to use the sewing machine. Kai was 2 weeks old when G came over and we worked on it. It didn't take too long, but I don't think I will ever do that again. I was sleep deprived and when I should have been napping, I was making this costume. But once I start something, I have to finish. But when I was sewing it, I thought, "I'm crazy. I should have just bought that cute $8 giraffe costume at Wal-mart." But, Kai does look awfully cute!


Sarah's parents, Dave & Susan, got these adorable zebra PJs for Kai.


"My 1st Halloween" PJs


Ryuta got Kai these jack-o-lantern PJs.

No comments:

Post a Comment