Monday, June 29, 2015

Star Wars is the new obsession

So, I'm pretty sure that I already mentioned it, but my attempts at the end of January to move on from the Grinch phase was successful. Now it is ALL about Star Wars in our home. I can't say that I totally mind either. Star Wars is cool! The kids are funny though (especially Kai) because he will not go to the movie theater. He said he wants to wait for the new Star Wars movie to come out (in December!!!) oh my. What a kid.
The boys hum the Star Wars theme song all day and play with their light sabers. At first, Ryuta got them swim noodles which became their sabers. Then we upgraded to the real light-up ones at the store with the sound effects as a gift for Lukas' birthday.  Lukas kept talking about his Darth Vader cake during the month of May. He didn't care what we did or if we had a party. He just kept repeating, "June 2nd. My birthday. Darth Vader cake." So, after lots of research...
Lukas was so happy!!! We spent the day at Happy Hallow with tutu and papa and returned home for Darth Vader cake and gifts.
Happy 3rd birthday, Darth Vader!
Our big summer project is converting the boys' room into a big boy room with a bunk bed with Star Wars bed sheets, etc. More pics to come soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment