Thursday, October 28, 2010

Our baby is a 1 year old!

 September Update
So, I'm a bit behind on the blog.   My goal was to update it monthly and record the latest and greatest from the month.  Oh well.  We got busy and I've actually been trying to make a conscious effort to limit my media usage with TV and internet.  So, there you go.

Anyways, last month was my 31st birthday.  Despite the whole month being overshadowed by 1st birthdays, we were still able to have two pretty nice dinners for MY birthday! :)  We went out to sushi with my parents and I got what every sleep-deprived, aching mom wants for her birthday... a spa treatment massage set up with hubby babysitting! YEssssss!!! It was soooo extremely wonderful and just heaven, heaven, heaven.  Thank youuuuuu mom, dad, Ryuta, and Kai! :)
This month, it felt like a birthday party every weekend.  Thomas, Jacob, yours truly, Keila, Kai... 
Jacob's 1st birthday at Gymboree

Thomas's 1st birthday at the park
Keila, birthday princess :)
Kai celebrating Keila's 1st birthday with Fukuda fam
Our circle of friends pic has changed so much!
 Some favorite pics from the month:
at the dream park with Keila
Stylin' in my hat
too cute!

my mommy is my homey
Beep! Beep!
Hmmm. What kind of mischief can I get into....



Kai's First Birthday!!!
Kai was really lucky.  His great-grandpa flew in from Las Vegas.  His grandpa and auntie Miho flew in from Japan!  It was his first meeting with grandpa and auntie.  Ryuta put a lot of care into planning out the birthday picnic and picking out what kind of food to prepare.  We had a lot of help, too, from mom and dad and auntie Laura.  It seems like there is so much build-up to that first birthday and that a major milestone had been reached.  We all survived that first year of anxiety, questions, firsts, joy, lack of sleep.  Kai changed so much from a skinny, preemie-sized newborn to a chubby, all-cheeks sumo to our tongue-wagging, sweet, gentle, shy, sometimes silly boy toddling about.  I had more sadness and nostalgia on the day that his youth and 1st year flew by so fast and that he would just continue to grow and change.  I always want to savor the moment longer and wish I could freeze time.  The day was more nostalgia than joy, but we have been so grateful that Kai (and ourselves!) made it to this point.  We survived and lived and now are on to the next phase of walking, talking, learning, disciplining, playing, trying new things...
Sesame Street cake
Happy birthday, sweetie pie!
yay for presents! :)
Dogs at the picnic were the BEST part for Kai.. he was LOVING the dogs!!
Grandpa and Auntie Miho from Japan

ひおじちゃん (Great Grandpa)
I'll add some pics, etc. of October AFTER Halloween... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment